Lion’s mane mushrooms are white, shaggy mushrooms that look a lot like a lion’s mane. They can be consumed in supplements, raw, cooked, dried, or in tea.
Lion’s mane mushrooms contain bioactive substances that have beneficial effects on the body, especially the brain, heart, and gut. Below are some reported benefits, but keep in mind more research is needed.
Here are 9 health benefits of lion’s mane mushrooms and their extracts.
- May Protect Against Dementia. Lion’s mane mushrooms contain compounds that stimulate the growth of brain cells and protect them from damage caused by Alzheimer’s disease.
- Reduces Risk of Heart Disease. Lion’s mane mushrooms appear to benefit the heart and blood vessels in multiple ways.
- Helps Relieve Mild Symptoms of Depression and Anxiety
- Lion’s mane mushroom can help lower blood sugar and reduce diabetic nerve pain
- May Speed Recovery from Nervous System Injuries
- Protects Against Ulcers in the Digestive Tract. Lion’s mane extract may protect against the development of stomach ulcers by inhibiting the growth of H. pylori and protecting the stomach lining from damage.
- May Help Fight Cancer. Animal and test-tube studies show that lion’s mane extract can kill cancer cells and slow the spread of tumors.
- Lion’s mane mushroom contains powerful antioxidant and anti-inflammatory compounds that may help reduce the impact of chronic illness.
- Lion’s mane mushrooms have been shown to have immune-boosting effects.
Lion’s Mange mushrooms have a taste similar to crab and are delicious. You can also get it easily as a powder, tea, or supplement. Please do your research and check out the reviews on different products to see how it has (or hasn’t) helped others. Here are the Lion’s Mane mushroom products available on Amazon: https://amzn.to/2ZnzF4V